Friday, June 22, 2007

Alright Already!

I knew this would happen...you are PRESSURED into starting a blog, you make it so incredibly interesting :), then you are EXPECTED to keep it up. I don't know if I can deal with it.

Here is an update on my haps -
We still don't know who the thief is. There has been absolutely NO new developments.

A couple of weeks ago, I went to my wonderful GMF's house. She has the very best house I have ever seen. It is so great that I have decided to take pictures of it and put them here. I'm sure that Tami, Sara, and Mistee agree that GMF and her house are very special!








This is my TOTALLY CUTE Grandma Freda.










Here is her guest bedroom...It has postcards and notes on the mirror that her family and friends have sent to her through the years. If you look really closely, you can see the Disney postcard. I gave her that years ago. She saves everything! Also, obviously, Trey still doesn't do well with wallets.
I know this is blurry...but the cousins and I were discussing what we think of when we think of GMF's house. I love the rainbow fish in front of the clock (that has loud bongs). Those fish have been swimming there for at least 30 years - probably more.
Here is her living room. She keeps the card table up so that we can have a game of Rummy-Q. She's got a couple of those macramae things (I don't even know how to spell it) that Sara's dad made. Sara - too bad I don't have a picture of skinny cat!!
Here she is in the kitchen. She makes the best breakfasts EVER in this kitchen. Her mash potatoes are the best in the world. Didn't I tell you how cute she is????


I can talk about GMF all day long...






As far as other stuff that has happened, you can read about our PZ Six Flags trip on Pamela Anderson's blog or See_Dub's. You sure can't read about it on the PZ blog, because I'm even slower at updating that one! (yak, yak, yak)


I am part of the "Heavenly Bodies" club at church. I have done pretty good so far - minus the big 11 point piece of fried chicken that I ate and regreted right off the bat. Never fear - I'm still in the lead :)


Signing off until next month...

9 comments:

TriSara said...

YEA!!! Thanks for blogging. I do not get to see you, so this is the only way I can tell if you are still alive. Our family was talking about going down and taking over Crosbyton some weekend. That would be cool. You need to save those pics. They are priceless. You know that my dad had to make those macramae things to pay for my birth. So I guess that means GMF paid for me. I think the fish are my favorite, too. I miss the big hole in the ceiling that was her old air conditioner.
Don't wait so long to blog again. It only takes a couple of minutes and you have like tons of minutes everyday.

PB said...

Ahh - She so sweet! I want one. I actually made a couple of those macramae plant holders, along with the God's eye thingy with the popsicle sticks and yarn. Hey it was a girl scout thing. Thanks for the fix on the T-N-T blog. I don't think it will hold me over for another month. I'm itchy all over already.

See-Dub said...

You're making me miss my Granny! Great pix. I can still picture my grandmother's dresser with all her stuff.

We'll say howdy to your eldest tomorrow morning at OC! From Matt's blog, it looks like the fearsome foursome is together again.

Tami said...

Thomas and I were just deciding on a weekend to go see GMF. I don't think we have been since the "Make Me Popcorn" trip with Mistee.

So, I really believe you are going to be disappointed at our "Heavenly Bodies" meeting this week. Don't let my victory bring you down.

Anonymous said...

I love Grandma Freda and her popcorn! I'm glad that I have had the chance to visit her. When are we going again?

Jenna said...

Your grandma is cute - and so are your kids!

My mom owned a craft store when we were growing up - I know all about the macrame. Did you ever make any of those lovely yarn hook square creations? Those were another lovely product of that time!

PB said...

Hey don't you have some extra time on your hands this week while your out of town. Maybe you could update your blog, Sushi Momma. You could post about how you almost killed all of us on the way home the other day, or about how you have the best cluster ever.

tamandscott said...

Helleewwwwwww?

Tami said...

Give me your password so I can post some stuff for you.